Some of the common features for blood donor:
- Donors should be good health and physical in condition.
- Donors must be above 18 years
- Donors should be at least 50 weighs.
Blood donors will be carefully screened. The blood has to fulfill the standard quality and undergoes 6 major tests for infectious diseases. Blood donations are divided into groups based on the collected blood. An allogenic donation is that a donor gives blood for storage at a blood bank for transfusion.
Approximate 60,000 units of blood requires for each year. The treatment and care at cedars Sinai and the Samuel oscine and cancer institute, heart institute, emergency department, transplant services and the related blood bank services
. AABB accredited blood banks, transfusion services and blood donor bank. Accredited facilities are responsible for all the blood supply and transferring the blood for more than 80 percent. This center has two types of blood bank services
one is blood banks, transfusion services and blood donor centers are throughout the world.
Procedure for blood donation:
The process for donate blood is mentioned as below:
- Visit the blood bank complete a medical questionnaire to assess the eligibility of blood donor.
- Take appointment and ID proof.
- The blood bank collect 450ml of blood
- After donating rest is compulsory and drink refreshment for 24hours.
- Avoid taking heavy objects.