Bridges has categorised in different ways and includes the structural elements whether they are fixed and movable.
- Structure type: Bridges are classified by the forces of tension, compression, bending, torsion and shear which are distributed through the structure. In some cases the forces it may be distributed among large number which is not clearly discernible to the casual observer.
- Beam bridges are the horizontal beams which are supported by each end and substructure units and it might be either a simply supported or continuous beam.
- A truss bridge is a structure which is connected to the elements forming units. This is typically straight and it may be stressed from tension, compression or sometimes a dynamic load. It is one of the oldest types among modern bridge.
- Cantilever bridges built through cantilever which is horizontal beam supported at one end. Most of this type of bridges used as a continuous span. Some of this have a smaller beam connecting two strong strength and cantilever.
- Arch bridge is the one which is abutment at each end.
- Tied arch bridges have arch shaped super structure but differ in conventional.
- Bridge maintenance consists of the combination of structural monitoring and testing. This regulates the specific engineer standards which includes an ongoing monitoring and can be extended up to send transitions.
It is the timeline project which continues and tracks two to four phases which are as follows:
- Phase 1 it supports the main supporting widening (piers)
- Phase 2 which modified work to relocate selected supports done by new approaches.
- Phase 3 this phase widen the existing truss to accommodate the New lanes.
- Phase 4 the new approaches and the replacement will signalise.