Customs clearance agents are also known as carrying and forwarding agents. Customs clearance agent’s role is to represent the clients as party agents involved in customs clearance. Customs clearance brokers
are appointment by the government authorities for the execution of the policies associated with:
- Import and export
- For the collection of custom duties
- Help in the movement of people, goods and cargo in and out of the country.
Customs clearance agent’s
works are associated with the preparation and submission of documents which are required to simplify export and import. Their works are also associated to represent:
- The clients during custom examination
- Payments of duty
- Calculations and taking the delivery of cargo from the customs office after clearance.
Customs clearance agents uses software documentation to make the entire process easier. The documents given by the customs clearance agents to a shipper shows that the customs duty for the goods have been paid and it can be shipped. The documents involved in customs clearance are:
- Export documentation - sales invoice, bill of lading, shipping bill and other specific documentation as required.
- Import documentation - sales invoice of the supplier, bill of entry, bill of lading and other specific documentation as required.
Important service benefits of customs clearance agents:
- The local customs authorities, port, agencies in the borders, etc.
- Arranges to pass the appropriate documents at the customs
- Arranges for the required customs inspections
- Checks and perform duty and payments as required
- Apply for refunds if required