Here is some very important checklist to keep in mind before appointing building consultant/inspectors:
- They should be able to detect major, minor defects and suggest proper solutions.
- The inspect report card that they will be giving must be easy to understand and there should be specific logical information.
- Revealing accurate condition of the house through a very comprehensive building inspection report.
- Ask them if they have fixed rates rather than having and hidden costs to charge later on.
- Make sure that the building inspector you are going to deal with hold a valid license.
There are several benefits of building inspectors:
- There won’t be any surprises because you know exactly what to expect as a building inspector informs you of any problems in advance.
- A building inspector can help you decide whether a particular property will be a good investment or not.
- They give you advice of professional level as how major problems can affect the property over time.
- Hiring an inspector or a consultant save a lot of time. This way you will not waste the time negotiating for a faulty house.
- The ultimate benefit is that you will have peace of mind. This is because you know that you are buying a home that is safe and in perfect condition.