Thorough surveying of the building includes the following aspects as to what all is included:
- Defects which are important and insignificant and what they could mean.
- Relevant technical information and also information about the materials which are used.
- Any damage to timbers like woodworm or dry rot.
- Conditions about the existing damp proofing and insulation.
- Any recommendations on the property for further investigations.
Responsibilities of a building surveyor:-
In the management, construction, and design of real estate property, a building surveyor is involved. A professional body includes all the chartered building surveyors. This body provides guidance, opportunities for professional development, and training to surveyors. It also sets some standards for surveyors in order to adapt with the standards and legislation which are changing. Building surveyors provides the following responsibilities:
- Surveyor advises about the schemes and determines requirements to the clients.
- It advises about sustainable construction and environmental impact.
- Identifies and analyzes the existing building condition and provides any repair proposals.
- It also advises about the supervision of maintenance of your building.
Building surveying services:-
Any surveying agency offers building surveying services
from a thorough simple inspection to full management of project. It provides the following services:
- It includes the management of the construction process and design on new projects.
- It provides monitoring of construction projects to ensure that the design is constructed with the development brief.
- It prepares schedules to accurately record the condition of leasehold premises.