Bush Tucker & Ingredients are popularly referred to as bushfood. On a larger scale, bush tucker essentially includes all those indigenous items, which can be used for both culinary as well as medicinal purposes.
Let us now take a look at the list of Bush Tucker & Ingredients:
- Fruits such as quandong, kutjera, muntries, riberry, Davidson’s plum and finger lime.
- Spices like mountain pepper, aniseed myrtle, and lemon myrtle.
- Leafy vegetable Warrigal greens.
- Nuts such as bunya nut and macadamia nut.
Facts about Bush Tucker & Ingredients:
- In the good old days, people have relied on Bush Tucker for more than 60,000 years. These people were known to have a vast knowledge of bush tucker & ingredients.
- Many people depend heavily on bush food, even today. The only variation is in the processes used for processing these bush ingredients.
- Weather conditions have a major effect on such bush tucker based plants and animals.
- Bush Tucker & Ingredients were mostly consumed raw. On certain occasions, they roasted or baked these foodstuffs.
- Special efforts were taken to collect energy prone bush food for the young, elderly and pregnant companions of theirs.
- Since a lot of physical activity was involved in the daily living in the olden days, it was essential for them to consume foods high in nutritional value so that they could remain fit and healthy. This area was rightly taken care of by the Bush Tucker & Ingredients collected by them.
Even though times have changed, many people are seen consuming bushfood. Moreover, they have gone an extra mile and created fancy recipes out of these bush ingredients.