The quality of Computer equipment-software data and packages is very important, particularly for commercial and system software like Microsoft office, Microsoft windows, etc. Large volumes of electronic information or software data are created and managed by large and small business. Most of the data is important. Some software data is vital for the survival and continuous operation of the business.
- Computer software data has to loaded into the computer's storage such as hard drive or memory.
- Once the data is loaded, the computer is able to implement the software. This includes passing of the instructions.
- Each instruction causes the computer to carry out an operation or task that is moving the data.
The impact of software data loss or human error, hacking or malware could be very significant. A plan for software data backup and restoration of computer equipments are essential which mainly includes:
- Software data backup begins with discovering what data needs to be backup for restoring later in any case of unfortunate events.
- Selecting and implementing the software backup procedures.
- Periodically validating that data saved on the system.
- Lastly, make two backup copies of all the software data